Sunday, February 8, 2015

To: You

I’m sorry that you’re halfway around the world and I’m here and there’s absolutely nothing I can do about that.
I’m sorry that I’m not best friends with your favorite little sister. I think I’m closer to the one I don’t think you’ll never understand. Maybe that’s why we get along so well.
I’m sorry I’m a distraction (or motivation-whichever you feel you need to call it).
I’m sorry that I already know I cannot marry you.
I’m sorry I love you.
I’m sorry that I can’t let you go either.

All of me, Auburn Crane

Psssssst. Sorry that you won’t ever see this.


4 comments:

  1. Auburn Crane, we both know what your talking about. "I'm sorry that I already know I cannot marry you. I'm sorry that I love you." I've felt that too. Thanks for being real and raw with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "All of me, Auburn Crane"

    This is heartbreakingly raw. Keep going.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m sorry I love you.
    I’m sorry that I can’t let you go either.

    Just really genuine and lovely.

    ReplyDelete