Wednesday, February 25, 2015

this is not a break up post

This is not a break up post. Because we were never together in the first place, were we? This is a you're-the-boy-who-deserves-this post.

You comb your lies like they're your hair and then you drive to school.
You listen in class and eat lunch and take advantage of everything I ever gave you (but I never gave you that).
You play your instrument and basketball and me.
You go to practice and score goals but I'm not a game and you're still running in circles.
You cheat because you're all about easy.
You laugh at him and do homework and tell me again, show me again, remind me again that I am just an object.
You hang out and let me know that I am not enough.
You post on your blog and you're throwing your words around like they're candy but they're knives and you are killing me.
You proved me right and I still have no faith in guys.

So screw you and all the words you never could quite put together and the story you never could quite keep the same and the lies that never could quite lay as perfectly as your hair.

I know who you are.

-Auburn Crane

1 comment:

  1. Freaking heck I LOVE THIS. dang girl. this whole thing is brilliant. I'll beat him up.

    ReplyDelete